Are you an ambitious, talented Storage Engineer looking for a varied role within a progressive, fast-growing, tech-savvy company?
We are looking for a Storage Engineer to work for a prestigious company based in Zurich. This is an opportunity to join one of the most experienced and international teams in its industry worldwide. By working with company's dynamic and young workforce, you will be continuously growing as a professional.
YOUR TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the SAN infrastructure, storage and fiber channel network/switches
- Responsible for backup infrastructure, software and hardware (Commvault, HPE servers, tape drives)
- Install, maintain, upgrade, and continuously improve the operating environment.
- Maintain the ongoing reliability, performance and support of the infrastructure which includes monitoring the operating environments; responding to incidents, problems and planning for growth.
- Responsible for the overall operation and maintenance of the data center.
- Deploy the release of new technologies as well as design, install, configure, maintain and perform testing of PC/server operating systems, and related utilities and hardware.
- Provide infrastructure solutions based on application needs and anticipated growth, install new servers and maintain the infrastructure.
- Share the expertise and provide individual training and support.
- Work together with other technical staff and vendors to provide IT services to all company teams.
- Strong SAN understanding (protocols, signalling, connectivity, cable types)
- Strong knowledge and experience with HPE 3PAR storage
- Strong Brocade knowledge
- Working knowledge of Commvault
- Installing, configuring, administering Commvault
- Perform regular system maintenance, change implementation, patch management, upgrade etc
- Ability to troubleshoot backup failures and implement and improve procedures for quick VM/data recovery
Nice to have
- General Windows/Linux skills
- Scripting in any language (bash, powershell, python or perl)
- Experience of MS Windows clustering is an advantage
To apply for this job please call quoting job number HQ00007711Apply for this job Email to me or a friend